Friday, March 9, 2012

thanks so much!

So I wrote this last night.  Maybe I was a bit harsh on myself?  I think I had a different vision and didn't pull it off.  It's not the best card, but it might not be that bad.

I decided to try a Runway Inspired Challenge.  I should not do that again.  I'm a "wear black all the time" person who maybe switches it up with some grey (real exciting, I know).  Runway fashion is always so bold and over the top. I have a hard time just picking one item and simplifying it the way Cristina or Angeline do.  Plus, I was trying to channel my inner Dawn McVey with the paper layers, but it just looks like a mess.

stamp: Papertrey Ink dots; A Muse stitching & "thanks so much!"
ink: Impress cherry pink; VersaFine onyx black
other: Papertrey Ink dies

Apologies if I just burnt out your cornea's.

3 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

I smiled when I read your post because I am in the process of making a very pink card! I like this bold and striking design so don't be so hard on yourself.
Hugs
Carol x

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I don't think it looks like a mess...I actually love how bright and bold your colors are. But I know how you feel when a project doesn't go as well as you envisioned....it always feels like a bummer. I'm glad you realized that the card's not bad!

Agnieszka said...

I also think that you are too hard on yourself! I’m glad you have played along with us at the Runway Inspired Challenge and I really hope that you will give it another try! :)